Friday, May 8, 2009

5 on Friday: The coaster of our week

1. The Nanny-and-Gramp-Visit is trending upwards in fun, as everyone is now recovered from the stomach flu that spread through our house last weekend. It must have been a British flu, because A and I are the only ones who didn't get it. In any case, it's over and we're onto bigger and better things...

2...such as s'mores! Around the campfire last night. Good.

3. My pizza stone broke. In the oven, with bread baking on it. I'm hoping to find a new one on Craigslist.

4. Everyone's favorite 7-month-old (right?) is giving some signs of scooching. Basically, the scrunches his knees up under his belly, stretches his arms out, and then pushes forward - probably a whole three inches. (Do you like my new-found use of "sc" words?) He looks a bit like a frog when he does it. Video of that, as soon as I can capture it.

5. Paul and I attended our first Ithaca tri club brick this week, and all I can say is, "WOW." A timed event, lots of really nice people, GREAT riding, beer and pizza afterwards (just this once). Why haven't we done this before? Oh yeah, I remember.


BLOG NOTE: We've gone wide. Like it? Also, look to your right. There are new blogs I read (nearly) daily. And a new list of news/media stories that I'm reading right now. And a list of my favorite places to shop. To enhance your surfing experience. Cheers.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I so miss brick workouts! Not being able to bike this spring is absolutely killing me. I'm seriously fantasizing about next spring -- losing the baby weight and getting back in racing shape. Ugh...I can't wait!

Pat said...

Alison, I heard this last spring from another young lady. She is biking this spring. Good Grief ---you two are so alike!

P.S. The baby will make it all worth while!

A2Girl said...

yeah for bricks - maybe I should start going to ones in A2 again....ah...maybe not ;)