Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Belated blogger-versary

These days, the hours I spend hanging out in the middle of the night while Aaron chows down give me a lot of time to ponder life. Last night at about 2 a.m., it dawned on me that I never marked this blog's one year anniversary. So instead, here's a little post its 15-month-and-three-day anniversary.

In that time, Paul and I have lived in five residences - two owned, two rented, and one couch-surfing adventure at my mom's condo - in three states. We both survived (enjoyed!) spates of unemployment.

When I wrote our first post, I had no idea where Ithaca was, and I certainly never guessed that we'd be parents a little more than a year later! It's been a wild ride - more wild than I ever imagined when we first loaded up the U-Haul trailer and headed south. There were times when I wasn't sure it would all work out. (I can clearly remember sitting in our Ross Street house packing boxes for Atlanta, and getting a phone call from Paul saying that he didn't want to stay in Atlanta. Where then, I asked, should I send the boxes?!?)

There's a few things I learned over the 15 months and three days: Life doesn't throw anything at you that you can't handle - even if it seems like you can't handle it at the moment. I totally lucked out and married a super great guy, who makes me laugh more than I ever would if he wasn't in my life. And being a mom is a lot of work, but so far is proving to be the most rewarding job in the world.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I feel the same way! Back in January 2007, I had no idea how I was going to survive all the changes that were sure to be in my future. It's been a tough couple of years, but now I can see that it all happened for a reason because I'm happier than ever now. Life has a funny way of working out like that.

Katie said...

Sheri,

I love your pictures. Thank you for sharing. He's such a tiny precious baby.

Katie M

Motownrunner said...

Love your blog, the pictures and stories! It is awesome.