Thursday, October 18, 2012

Adventure

So, we went camping - all four of us - with some new friends who are so much fun.  I will admit, I had my doubts about this trip. It was October, and rain was forecast for the entire weekend. The lows got into the 30s one night. And while we have a very nice tent, it is still just a tent.  But by the time we realized the forecast wasn't going to change, the car was already packed.  And Paul wasn't about to unpack the car without giving it a try, so we set off.

The short story is, it was a success!  We did have one rain shower, but it only lasted a few hours.  We were cold some of the time, but the day we hiked to the bottom of Pine Creek gorge, the sun even came out and the boys got to splash around in the river.  While there were some uncomfortable moments, we will certainly give it another try (when the weather warms up in the spring.)

2 comments:

Janet said...

When I was about 11-12 years of age, my family camped there. Wasn't too far from our home town of Sunbury, PA. I have recently found photos of my siblings and cousins, aunts and uncles sitting around the picnic tables. We did a lot of camping when I was younger. Did it with our kids when we lived in Connecticut. Great memories. Glad you had fun!!!

carpet cleaning gilbert said...

Nothing more adventurous than that. I want to experience like it.