Friday, May 4, 2012

Portraits of a birthday

I turned 35 yesterday...my goodness, that's a number I haven't paid much attention to.  I don't think I will either.

The day was lovely - filled with surprises from the kids, including a card mailed to me from my little boy, a wonderful hike with friends, and a deliciously-perfect birthday cake baked by my mom (our resident baker).  Here's what cake-time looked like.


Cake!
So good.
A happy girl.
Boys loving chocolate.
Baker.
35!


Needless to say, we had some chocolate in the bath water last night. I woke up at 5:30 this morning with a renewed sense of purpose, and managed a little jog before the kids got too ahead of me. I think 35 is going to be good. :)

1 comment:

Substance of Living said...

Happy (very late) Birthday to you, happy (very late) birthday to you...!

I tried to eat some of your birthday cake but my screen wasn't very cooperative. :-)

Hope you had a great birthday. You're right, it is just a number and don't pay any attention to it.