Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Incentives

Our poor little A had a tough night - a midnight potty mishap and a 3 a.m. nightmare.  When I woke him up at 8 a.m. for school, he was not a happy camper.  I brought him warm milk in bed and cuddled him for about 20 minutes, but he was still resisting everything we needed to do to get out of the door. So we cuddled more, then I offerred a Band-Aid for getting dressed (which he placed on his bum) and a granola bar (read: special treat in our house) for getting into his car seat.

On the way to school, he seemed to chipper up a bit. 

"Well," I told him, "you seem ready to go to school now."

"Yes, Mama," he said. "It was the bar."

"Not the cuddles?" I asked.

"No, the bar."

Duly noted.

**

In other news, Hannah is crawling - slowly and not always in the direction she wants, but crawling none-the-less.

No comments: