Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Workin' it

We made some good strides on last week's 5 on Friday list last weekend, with a good dose of fun mixed in. (Just to clarify, that was a pie-in-the-sky list of things we'd love to get done this summer, not a to-do list for the weekend. Thanks for the confidence in our productivity, though:)

We did hang A's swing. It was a huge hit.














We were all pretty tired on Saturday evening. I was in the house getting dinner ready, when Paul ran up to the front door and shouted, "Ice cream man!" I grabbed the baby and went hunting for change while Paul flagged down the truck. Paul scored a jumbo ice cream sandwich (with a few bites for me) and A got a free popsicle. (Normally, I'm not all about giving him sugar, but he did sneak a few licks of this one.) Another hit!















I finshed painting my childhood rocking chair. It turned out great! And I need to give my mom most of the credit. She's the one who spent a big chunk of time sanding and painting.





















And we did get the garage doors painted. Unfortunately, I don't have a complete after picture, so you're stuck with the work in progress. I'm still warming up to the change, but I think it turned out alright.


No comments: