Saturday, February 7, 2009

War!


It's official - at 1.10pm on Saturday the 7th of February the Summer won it's first battle in the war against winter. This war has been waged for eons and so far it's a dead heat (apart from that whole Ice Age thing where Winter dominated for a while).
Now, with what seemed to be an almost overwhelming victory by Jack Frost and his army of Snowmen, a small pocket of sunny resistance has broken through the lines and has created today - currently 52 degrees and climbing.
I will add my support to this cause by going running - but the shorts are still going to stay under wraps - no-one wants to see my pasty white legs just yet!

*Update* - I am now back from my run. Nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today it is 60 in Chicago! I am so jealous of your run, all I have to look forward to is a day of work and a midterm tonight.