I'm really glad it's Friday. The combo of jet lag, crabby kid and busy work has been a killer. (Something I didn't know before I was a mom: Travel totally throws off your kid. It's like you bring home a totally different person that first week, and you're thinking, "Did I leave my real kid behind?") Anyway, taking the glass-is-half-full approach, here are some things I'm looking forward to:
1. A trail run in the morning with my buddy Molly.
2. Taking A swimming (fingers crossed it doesn't rain) at Cass Park pool tonight.
3. Currant muffins, which need baking this weekend.
4. Using some fresh cilantro from the garden.
5. SAN DIEGO in 6 days. Sans kid!!