Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh happy day

It was three years ago yesterday that Paul and I said our "I dos" on a very bright and sunny day in Ann Arbor. This October 29 was VERY different from the day we wed.

For starters, we woke up to an inch of snow on the ground and no sun to be seen.

Little A and I rose at 7 a.m. only to find out we'd missed seeing Paul off to work by a few minutes...darn. Next it was off to my mom's for a yummy breakfast (whole wheat waffles with ricotta and eggs - yum!) and lots of playing with Grandma Great and the blinking, singing frog.

At lunchtime, I headed over the the pool for my first swim in 40 days! (I felt very hydrodynamic without my big belly, and kept forgetting that I can flip turn again!) Then it was time to head home with Aaron, who was a bit cranky pants at this point. We had an unsuccessful attempt at dual nap and then into the shower to get ready for...our first night out sans baby! (My mom is officially a rockin' babysitter.)

Paul and I feasted on blackened tuna, prime rib and chocolate cake and I only called once to check in on the little guy. All three of us were tucked into bed by 10:30, which (believe it or not) is a late night for us these days. Oh happy day! I feel pretty darn lucky.

We were feeling much happier than we look in this picture.

No comments: