Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not upside down

On the whole, being pregnant is treating me pretty well. I feel good the vast majority of the time. And the only real change lately is that I go to bed a little earlier than normal.

But a few weeks ago I came down with the flu and made a trip to the doctor to make sure the baby was okay. (Turns out he or she didn't mind one bit.) And that's how I found out the baby is actually breech - which means "head-up."

Most babies are literally upside-down by this point, and that's how they're supposed to stay until delivery. I'm told there's lots of time for the little one to turn. But in the meantime, I'm trying some new yoga poses and working on convincing the munchkin that life would be much better for all if he or she would just flip over.

I've also been told to do some handstands in the swimming pool - very 10-year-old, but I guess it's worth a try. Imagine how funny my big belly is going to look in a handstand at the Cornell pool!

If the baby doesn't flip, that means a C-section for me - not the worst thing in the world, but something I'd like to avoid if possible. So any tips for flipping Baby Freemantle? Send 'em my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er.. Sit up contest?

Candie said...

I agree about the c-section! Avoid at all handstand costs...