Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Now that's what I call voting...


This is by far the most all-American, apple-pie kind of place that I've ever voted. It's a former school house from the 1800s that now serves as the local town hall, traffic court, county clerk's office, library and history museum. Upon arriving at the polls, I was welcomed by three ladies who showed me into a booth the likes of which I've never seen before. Key features included 1950s turquoise curtains with an orange check pattern, and a big red lever to active the voting machine that honestly took a fair bit of my strength to pull. After I voted, Paul and I got a tour of the library before heading home.

Paczki update: I did find some at a local grocery store, but I swear they were just re-packaged jelly donuts instead of the real thing, so I abstained.

1 comment:

Amy W. said...

That DOES sound pretty all-american-apple-pie.

Your new job sounds awesome! Good luck in Ithaca!